Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
An experienced designer who will be the design owner of large initiatives & a strategic partner alongside Engineering & Product teams on key goals. This designer will develop strategies based on insights of real people & data & turn these insights into beautifully designed, high-quality experiences across mobile, web, & emerging platforms.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own all aspects of design (including user research, UX design, visual design, & prototyping) for a specific product area
- Collaborate independently with Product, Engineering, & Data Science leads to inform roadmap & then execute on concepts, research, & delivery
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Lead & participate in user research & testing to validate the hypothesis & ensure product usability & consistency.
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the MasterClass Design System
- Providing direct & impactful feedback to other designers on the team, helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
- Be data-driven & have a strong desire to constantly improve the experience
- 7+ years of experience in user experience, visual design, & prototyping for consumer web/mobile interfaces
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation & testing are valued.
- Attention to detail & strong visual skills & understanding of layout, typography, & visual hierarchy
- Familiarity with proven & emerging tools for interface design & prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, & clear design feedback
- Able to understand the business impact of design decisions & drive meaningful product value
- Highly developed presentation & storytelling skills
- Interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.