Compass is expanding in technology & geographic reach & looking for a Data Analyst. The ideal person will have the opportunity to impact one of the biggest decisions that every single consumer across the world must make -- where to live. In particular, our Data Analyst will oversee all of the real estate & other related information underlying every one of our consumer-facing products & the proprietary tools that are part of our Agent Suite.
At Compass You Will:
- Guide Compass to become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographical coverage, introducing new types of data & new data sources, & ensuring the quality of our data throughout our products
- Drive our data platform forward with a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach. You will be responsible for the ongoing upkeep of your features, including QA testing & the monitoring of key metrics associated with various feature performance. You will be able to discern the effectiveness of a particular feature & how a feature can be optimized or augmented to add maximum value for our agents & consumers
- Collaborate with engineering team to architect, build & maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize & combine a growing number of data sets (our data pipeline) to create a comprehensive & actionable model of every real estate property available to be bought or sold
- Define & maintain robust APIs to enable the larger R&D organization to build delightful products & experiences for our users that leverage our data platform to extract market trends & data insights
- Own & manage the product development process for Compass Data Products from conception to launch
- Help define our high-level product direction with regard to real estate data by working directly with our Agents, consumer, & internal stakeholders & crafting solutions to specific challenges they face in each of our 10 geographical markets
- Identify & negotiate with 3rd-party vendors to acquire & ingest new data sources to strengthen our property profiles
What We Look For:
- 2+ years experience in software product/project management roles building & launching successful data-driven products
- 2+ years experience of database design, implementation & maintenance is preferred
- Experience with architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines, ETL tools, data conversion, & setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of the data sets used throughout our products
- Experience manipulating large raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with MySQL and/or MongoDB
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.