CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
Were on a missionto make paying for higher education more affordable & transparent. Combining advanced technology with competitive rates & award-winning customer service, CommonBond has funded over $2.5 billion in loans for its tens of thousands of members. CommonBond is also the first & only finance company with a "one-for-one" social mission: for every loan we fund, we also fund the education of a child in the developing world, through our partnership with Pencils of Promise.
We are looking for aMarketing Associateto help grow our community ofgraduate student borrowers in particular, MBAs, Medical & Dental students. You will support all efforts related to marketing our graduate student loan products with aprimaryfocus on experiential, in-person events such as conferences, tradeshows, on-campus presentations, & in-house sessions. Additionally, you will help support execution of all marketing & advertising creative assets. Ideal candidate for this role: you are detail-oriented logistical wizard, interested in working at a start-up,and excited about representing CommonBond with potential customers.
This role will report to the Senior Marketing Manager for our Student Lending business line.
- Coordinate logistics & execution of all in-person events including conferences, tradeshows, vendor fairs, sponsorships, on-campus presentations, & in-house informational sessions
- Represent CommonBond as the face of the brand at certain in-person events (e.g. booths at sponsorship events, conferences, etc.)
- Arrange advertising & collateral for events including organizing swag in the office, shipping materials to campuses, & creating printed & presentation materials
- Conduct ongoing competitive intelligence & market assessmentto share with stakeholders & inform strategy
- Be the point person for contact mapping to help us connect with the right people on campuses, in professional organizations, & other channels where students congregate
- Research new opportunities for events, partnerships & sponsorships at graduate schools, & across cities in the US
- Liaise with internal Creative Team to execute all other advertising targeting graduate students - including but not limited to Paid Social, Digital Banners, Print, Email Marketing, etc.
- Manage CommonBond Community Facebook pages (this is an opportunity to work across business linesand product categories!)
- CoordinateMember Engagement events in cities across the US (e.g. Member Dinners & Happy Hours, Meetups, etc.)
- A bachelors degree with a strong academic record
- 2+ years of experience, including coordinating & representing a brand at in-person events
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality were a small team & everyone gets their hands dirty to get stuff done.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable representing CommonBond atlarge & small events
- Excellent project management skills & ability to multi-task. You are supremely organized & love keeping everything on track.
- Resourceful, with strong desire to solve problems & chase down answers
- Strong ability to prioritize workload
- Strong written & interpersonal skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle fast-paced, high-pressured environment
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.