ABOUT VOX MEDIA
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
INTERNSHIPS AT VOX MEDIA
The Vox Media Summer Internship Program provides current students the opportunity to dive into our editorial networks, lines of business, & functional areas. Interns will learn about the media industry & their specific area of focus while making valued contributions to their teams. The summer internship program aims to be a true learning experience & includes a comprehensive orientation & programming throughout the summer. Programming includes training on skills like resume building & effective feedback, Vox Media-focused sessions like food photography with Eater & building loyal audiences with our podcast network, & opportunities to network & socialize with your colleagues such as intern/manager trivia with Vox Media branded prizes.
ABOUT THE ROLES
Were excited to bring on 24 interns this summer across many of the major functions of our business: Audio, Core Services, Data Science, Editorial, Product & Technology, & Revenue.
This specific application is for a summer internship with Vox Medias Communications team.
The Communications summer intern will:
- Compile media lists to share news around editorial coverage from our networks, lines of business, & company announcements
- Draft our weekly communications newsletter, an internal showcase of exciting media coverage, upcoming moments, & highlights from across our editorial networks.
- Keep the communications calendar up to date with all upcoming news, initiatives, editorial moments, speaking engagements & internal events.
- Support social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) by drafting copy to announce news on Vox Medias corporate site & New York Magazines Press Room blog.
- Work with senior managers on day-to-day story pitching.
- Assist with TV & radio segments by accompanying writers to segments & calling in products when appropriate.
- Monitor the news for coverage of our lines of business & editorial networks; share headlines & news our team needs to know regularly to keep us up to date & smart
Ideal candidates for this internship will bring:
- An enthusiasm for communications & learning about the media industry
- A collaborative spirit & the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong writing & communicating skills
- Close attention to detail
- Sound judgement
WHEN: June 1 - August 21
PAY: $20/hr, up to 40 hours/week
WORKING AT VOX MEDIA
This is a 12 week internship, starting June 1 & ending August 21. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.