The Client Strategy department sits at the heart of VICE+, working across departments, providing pre-sale thought leadership & management; developing & productizing content, media, experiential & other opportunities; & continually innovating how VICE can partner with brands.
- Lead a team of client strategists, mentoring, inspiring & growing direct reports
- Work in tandem with peers & creative studio leadership to create cohesive structure & processes
- Create a positive, collaborative, supportive culture by being solution-oriented, & encouraging accountability & respect
- Support creative studio & VICE+ OKRs
Product Development & Thought Leadership
- Translate product concepts into sellable opportunities & create materials that communicate these packages to the marketplace
- Work with teams throughout the organization to package commercially viable products into opportunities clients can buy
- Analyze & optimize product mix to meet marketplace demands; work with internal teams to come up with new products & retire those that arent working
- Continually improve internal processes that impact the effectiveness & efficiency within VICEs commercial organization
- Collaborate with teams across all of VICE to infuse new thinking & innovation within the tea
Lead the Pitch Process
- Lead major pitches yourself, & guide team members to lead smaller pitches: closely analyze agency briefs, recommending the right mix of VICE products, bringing the relevant components together in a cohesive proposal
- Help team members ensure communication is flowing properly, the process is moving forward & each team is contributing; mediate between teams & team members as necessary resolving disputes & ensuring accountability
- Lead your reports to maximum collaboration & ingenuity:
- Partner with the seller to ensure the pitch answers the agency's brief & puts VICE in the strongest position to close
- Ideate with our creative team to generate ideas for videos, interactive, branded editorial, events & more
- Work closely with our production team to make sure each idea can be produced within the appropriate budget
- Communicate with our media team to ensure content distribution & overall media strategy matches client KPIs
- Collaborate with other teams including design, account services, research & insights, editorial, TV
- Ensure the quality & timeliness of your teams pitch submissions
- 8+ years of experience, brand strategy background preferred; other relevant backgrounds include media agency/planning, integrated marketing, digital publishing & creative strategy
- The ability to take a complex request & create a brief with plan for a team to execute against
- Expert deck-building skills & familiarity with keynote
- Successful & innovative execution & ideation of commercial products
- Team management experience
- An understanding of creative, production & media
- The ability to remain calm & focused in stressful situations
- Excellent time management & project management skills
- A problem-solving, positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.