SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh & funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, & cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find & fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace, by Crains NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," & as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Companys annual list of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2023 & to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement. SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV & Riverwood Capital.
About the Role:
As the Director of Sales at SecurityScorecard, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth & expanding our customer base. You will be responsible for leading & developing a team of sales professionals, setting sales strategies, & collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve ambitious targets. This role reports directly to VP of Sales, West.
What you will do:
- Develop & execute the sales strategy to achieve revenue targets & market penetration goals.
- Lead, mentor, & motivate a team of sales professionals, providing guidance, training, & support.
- Foster a high-performance sales culture focused on accountability & continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define & refine sales strategies & objectives.
- Identify market trends, customer needs, & competitive threats to inform business decisions.
- Develop & implement sales plans, forecasts, & budgets.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with key customers & strategic partners.
- Ensure a customer-centric approach in sales processes & activities.
- Gather customer feedback to drive product improvements & enhance customer satisfaction.
- Establish & monitor KPIs for the sales team, regularly reviewing performance against targets.
- Use data-driven insights to make informed decisions & adjustments to sales strategies.
- Develop & report on sales forecasts, budgets, & pipeline analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing, product development, & customer success teams to align strategies & ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Provide input on product development based on market demands & customer feedback.
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise software sales with a focus on hunter roles & new customer acquisition & pipeline growth
- 5+ years of experience working in the cyber security sales space
- Outstanding track record of success managing enterprise accounts & opportunities to closure, consistent over-attainment of quotas of $1M annual recurring revenue
- Strong network of established relationships with key industry contacts in the assigned territory
- Extremely organized, effective oral & written communicator
- Self Starter, able to work effectively with a distributed team
- SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in cybersecurity
- Previous success in early stage company growing a territory & exceeding sales goals
- If you have sold large-ticket enterprise security or risk software, we'd find your experience valuable.
- Previous SaaS and/or cybersecurity experience is also a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, & unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity & embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit & do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.