About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the worlds leading companies build, design, staff, & manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts & top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices & deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices & create an environment that inspires their teams best work. Empowering others & building diverse & inclusive teams are core to Managed by Qs mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, & enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the worlds leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, & Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, & want to spread opportunity within your community, wed love to meet you.
What youll be doing
- Evolve our brand & visual identity, constantly raising the bar on quality.
- Develop new creative assets to support the marketing, growth, & people teams. These can include seasonal marketing campaigns such as ice cream packaging or Valentines Day cards, office design projects such as working with muralists, microsites, event design, & more.
- Collaborate with the Product Design team on the visual design of the product to create a consistent brand experience across channels. Think icon styles, typography, onboarding flows, & more.
- Execute projects from concept to completion. You can work autonomously to plan, iterate, & progress through projects with limited feedback loops.
- Translate the visual identity to brand requirements. You understand not all work is glamorous & that balancing boundary-pushing work with banner ads & keynote templates comes with the job.
What were looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience in brand systems & branded executions (print, web, product, packaging).
- Youre tenacious & willing to put in the extra effort to find a solution or understand a system completely.
- You deeply understand design fundamentals, such as typography, layout, color, etc.
- You believe that great design work is not driven by a single individual or team, but by multiple unique perspectives.
- You design without ego & are comfortable with uncertainty & ambiguity.
- You love design & you love the process. Youre always improving upon your skills but also your methodologies & tools.
- You have a portfolio that youre dying to show us.
Who youll work with
Our design team currently consists out of the Head of Design, a Brand Designer, & a team of four Product Designers. In addition to working cross-functionally, youll work closest with:
Vince Li, Head of Design. Vince has worked at a variety of agencies & startups both in Brand & Product design roles.
Lily Piyathaisere, Sr Brand Designer. She has experience working at Apple, Google, & has her own jewelry brand thats just spectacular.
Sarah Quirk, Director of Marketing. Sarah has worked in B2B marketing focused on brand marketing & communications. She is shockingly proficient in Photoshop.
Youll start out with a call with Vince, our Head of Design, so you can share what youre looking for & learn more about the role & the company. After that, youll come by the office to show us your portfolio. We want to see end results, but are most interested in how you solved problems & made your decisions. We want to get insight into your process.
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary & flexible vacation policy
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical & dental insurance
- Casual dress & pet-friendly office
- Cold brew & Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours & company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something big