Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
This HR Manager role will be responsible for all local people matters, you will help develop the culture which is consistent with the rest of the company, roll out WorldRemits principles in a way which is culturally sensitive, own all local people initiatives, & ensure compliance with local laws & regulations.
You will work with the People team in London, setting local & applying global HR policies. You will seek to translate WorldRemits vision & business strategy, underpinned by the brand in the local market, to support the People strategy that will promote WorldRemit as an employer of choice & to support a culture of retention.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer in London, you will need to build a strong remote network across the People team, centralized functions & Heads of Departments whose teams have a local presence, with many of your contacts in London or elsewhere. You will confidently flex your style to be involved & supportive yet challenge where appropriate.
The US & Canada offices are comprised of Customer Services, Compliance, Operations, Finance & Marketing. You will work closely with this community of professionals to integrate initiatives which will have an impact on engagement, development & retention of talent
- Hands-on day-to-day HR partnership with client groups, becoming a trusted advisor to the business with strong relationships at all levels.
- Proactively identifying people issues & trends within the business, coaching managers through the employee journey including: performance management, disciplinary, feedback & employee development.
- Increasing manager effectiveness in coaching & developing their people to create high performing teams, building strong morale & increased productivity & retention.
- Contributing to the development of our People operations making them smoother, automated & more responsive, ensuring adherence to best practice & relevant legislation.
- Assisting with the development of policies & procedures, appropriate documentation & recommendations, including reviewing & updating company policies & handbook.
- Analyzing & interpreting workforce metrics with a natural focus on continuous process improvement.
- Leading improvements to programs such as learning, development, recognition & feedback.
- Manage the recruitment, working with the central recruitment team & external resources to ensure that hiring plans are fulfilled & roles are appropriately staffed with strong professionals. Hiring at pace & quality.
- Participate in hiring process to ensure non-discriminatory hiring practices are followed for both internal & external job searches.
- Work with outside council to ensure compliance is regards to employment authorization, employment agreements, & termination & severance packages.
Summary of required experience & attributes
A well-rounded HR generalist, you will have broad experience across all the relevant disciplines, gained in a fast paced, preferably customer services environment. You will be able to demonstrate a track-record of both scaling an organization & conceiving & executing on high impact plans which flow through to strong retention, improved morale & underpin the companys ability to grow. Familiar with the challenges of growing technology and/or financial services companies, you will understand how to translate strategy into reality in Denver with a commercial focus.
With naturally strong EQ & tenacity, you will instill confidence in stakeholders at all levels. A low-ego & consultative personality, your influencing skills will gain their confidence.
- Human Resources foundations 6+ years work experience with a broad knowledge of full cycle HR disciplines including recruitment, onboarding, benefits & payroll, reward, engagement, development, ER & performance management. Natural focus on continuous process improvement.
- Business Partnering proven track record of strong partnering & collaboration with employees & leaders, onsite & remote.
- Experience of Scaling: you will have experienced high growth, evolving to meet the increasing needs of the business. Happy to roll up your sleeves & get into the detail.
- Strong Communication skills: well developed advisory skills & the ability to gain credibility & exercise influence. Able to deliver clear, direct, messages & build strong relationships.
- Self-starter: high level of energy & drive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Team player: visible contributor, collaborating & sharing knowledge.
- Solution-focused thinker: empathy, can-do attitude & mature decision-making skills.
- This is a great opportunity to join a newly strengthened People team at HQ & contribute to shaping this fast growing, dynamic organization in the next stage of our journey.