Your role in our mission
Were Alfred, & were building the future of living. We provide residentfirst software & services to deliver inhome support & local experiences. Were contributing to building a future where everyone has the help they need to make time for the people & things that matter most. Since 2015, weve completed millions of services & saved our members countless hours across more than twenty cities.
As our Senior Software Engineer joining our B2B team, you will be working on a product that helps our buildings run more efficiently while creating a more meaningful experience for residents. We are on a mission to reach thousands of building units, which will impact the lives of residents & their daily lives: everything from signing leases, getting packages, signing up for community building events & more. You will be on the team thats shaping the future of property technology & how residents, property owners & managers engage with 3rd party applications.
How youll contribute to #OneTeam
- Develop clean, well-designed software using React/React Native, Typescript, NodeJS, & Postgres.
- Write tested & efficient code. Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle starting from design, to development, testing, deployment, & finally maintenance & monitoring.
- Work on a team of peers in an environment that will keep you constantly challenged & learning new things every day
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Mentor & learn from your teammates & foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of real world experience working collaboratively & communicating effectively with cross-functional teams. Youve shipped multiple large software projects & learned from the experiences
- Desire to drive serious business impact & a bias-for-action. You like to move forward, you follow through, & youre accountable to the results
- An innate curiosity & an open mind. You're able to learn new tools & technologies quickly
- Empathy isnt just a word for you, its a principle you live by & look to contribute actively where you work
- Familiarity & experience with cloud providers like GCP & containerization.
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities. Demonstrates analytical thinking - recommends improvements & uses data to prove/disprove them
- Able to complete & delivery feature or functionality independently & reliably
Youll connect with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective, & always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work as an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #OneTeam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops open
Some ways we care for you
- Remote Friendly working style
- NYC Pet-Friendly HQ
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion working group
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly Seminar Learning Sessions
- Culture of Promoting from Within
- 100% coverage of Medical, Dental & Vision Premiums for Employees
- FSA & HSA options
- Quarterly Feedback Reviews