THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
At Blue Apron, design is a core component in fulfilling our vision of sparking discovery, connection, & joy through cooking. For us, design is not just the way things look or feel, but also how they work. We have a complex product that needs to be simple & inviting for all customers.
The Digital Consumer Design team is responsible for the entire end-to-end digital customer experience. Were a lean, empathetic team of go-getters that work collaboratively with every team at Blue Apron. The products & experiences you design will impact every Blue Apron customer & the business.
WHATS ON THE MENU
Our teams mandate is to acquire, retain, & continuously add value to customers, striving to better meet their needs across our entire deeply complex business on all digital platforms.
Were looking for someone who is empathetic, driven, excited to get their hands dirty, & eager to improve complex experiences in a complex business for the benefit of our home chefs. You will work across our entire product experience so curiosity & great internal relationships is going to be key to your success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Advocate for the customer across the organization
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas & concepts & communicate them effectively & compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners & customers
- Define & build design systems that give customers consistency & the business execution speed
- Build new UX & UI across multiple platforms & different parts of the customer journey
- Wear many hats, from high-level strategic design product thinking, user research, customer flows, prototypes, high fidelity designs & front-end implementation you will own complete customer journeys
- Strategically break up work to roll out designs in phased iterative steps in order to validate decisions & minimize risk.
- Lead user research & synthesizing results into actionable items
- Working with cross-functional teams to drive design vision & strategy that meets the needs of our customers
- Running design thinking workshops & helping to guide, improve, & implement design & feedback processes
- Being an active mentor for senior designers, & helping lead critique, design reviews, & quarterly planning
- Expert knowledge of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop & use personas, user stories, journey mapping, wireframing & prototyping, user testing, & high fidelity visuals
- A deep empathy for the user
- Excellent communication & storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team & stakeholders understand the why behind your design rationale
- A willingness to learn & iterate towards success
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.