Squarespace is looking for a Design Program Manager (DPM) to lead design programs that empower craft, methods, & processes to optimize design output. The senior DPM leads design teams & partners with design managers to push design forward. You'll work with product managers, designers, content strategists, user researchers, engineers, & technical program management to understand, plan, & support product goals. You will report to the Head of Design Program Management.
- Own & manage design projects from briefing to release & refine as the team continues to grow.
- Guide design scoping, timelines, & delivery in collaboration with product teams to hit brief goals.
- Manage design reviews & route through the product team & executive leadership for approvals at every checkpoint in the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, & technical program management to provide a smooth creative & development process.
- Guide & document design feedback & identify opportunities to maximize design output.
- Maintain design program status & communicate across the product team.
- Coordinate usability studies in partnership with product designers.
- Manage designer new hire team onboarding.
- 5+ years of experience as digital producer or program manager with a background in product, digital, or tech (plus with experience in design ops or design program management).
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design, design research, & content strategy.
- Understand & appreciate current industry product design systems.
- Identify & address blockers, & push projects forward from beginning to end.
- You have clear communication skills, both written & verbal
- Attention to detail & capturing the big picture to achieve product goals
- Be a team-player; always bring a smile & a limitless determination to succeed & grow.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.