At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an Associate who is driven by providing world-class customer service & challenging project work to join our Rentals team. In this role, you will act as the "face of Lyft," providing exceptional hospitality while greeting customers on site & helping them to get accustomed to their vehicle & hit the road quickly. You will also play a key role in operations behind the scenes, making sure vehicles are prepped & ready to go while providing in-drive support by chat & phone as well as helping to define & optimize rental processes. Lyft Associates thrive on making an impact, leading by example, & motivating those around them.
- Meet & greet customers on-site at our hub location, providing a quick & seamless pickup of a rental vehicle
- Assist on operational initiatives, working with high ambiguity, & provide solutions to multi-level cross functional management
- Provide operational support, including but not limited to:
- Helping to shuttle vehicles between locations to meet demand
- Working with vendors to ensure cars are clean, in good condition & full of gas
- Providing phone/chat support to customers who are in the middle of a rental & need help
- Managing the fleet in our back-end systems
- Track escalations & feedback regarding points of friction in customer experience, process implementation & execution, and/or platform performance & utilization
- Brainstorm, test & implement ideas for improving the customer experience & making behind-the-scenes operations more efficient & consistent
- Jump in wherever you are needed to deliver an exceptional rental experience
- Flexible schedule: this is a role that will require some evenings & weekends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Retail, customer service and/or rental car experience
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality - you love talking to people!
- Comfortable on the phone & in person interacting with customers
- A true team player that is comfortable with performing with ambiguity
- Excellent, clear verbal & written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Drivers License & a satisfactory drivingrecord required
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Excellent verbal & written communication proficiency with common technology tools
- Rental Associates will need to arrange their own transportation to the site
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.