The RealReal (TRR) is looking for a logistics supervisor to join our growing transportation team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the transportation service plan at his or her location, supervising a team of TRR drivers (time keeping, scheduling, safety & performance management) & managing to financial & service goals.
The logistics supervisor will be comfortable acting independently, ensuring clear communication among drivers, the logistics manager, & internal / external customers as well as punctual, accurate transportation service in partnership with TRRs dispatch team. He or she will also support the safe & reliable operation of TRRs vehicle fleet by coordinating inspections, repair & maintenance. Finally, the logistics supervisor will be responsible for the onboarding, training & coaching of all drivers, monitoring their timekeeping, & addressing any schedule changes due to absence.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Be the primary point of contact for drivers for day-to-day operations, acting as on-site lead to drivers who report to your location
- Coordinate reliable, efficient transportation activities between warehouse sites, retail stores, vendors & consignors in partnership with regional dispatchers
- Plan your teams schedule to meet service requirements & budget
- Monitor driver compliance with all TRR policies including safety, customer service & inventory handling, following up with coaching, training or performance management where needed
- Monitor the route & status of drivers during daily service
- Problem solve using sound judgment when the unexpected happens
- Maintain regular communication with drivers to identify any service risks or other issues
- Plan & coordinate vehicle maintenance & cleaning, ensuring all repairs are conducted in a timely manner
- Act as first line of on-call support for your drivers in the event of mechanical issue or other emergency (some off-hours may be required)
What You Bring To The Role
- 1-2 years dispatching experience a plus
- Experience in a supervisory or management role preferred
- Willingness & ability to offer on-call support after hours or over the weekend when needed
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Some College Preferred
- Must be proficient in GSuite applications (docs, sheets, slides)
- Must possess excellent customer service, phone communication, written & verbal skills
- Must be detailed oriented & able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently & lead others in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong problem solving ability & excel at multitasking on tight timelines
- Must be able to analyze data to identify root cause & propose corrective action
- Must be able to interact with multiple teams & build trust across his or her peer group
- Must have a valid drivers license & clean driving record
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.