We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, & freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal & professional growth, true teamwork & collaboration, & celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, & arent afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team youd like to be a part of, get in touch!
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, as a Data Engineer you will be charged with expanding & optimizing our data & data pipeline architecture at TouchBistro. Whether that data is generated from our point-of-sale platform, originates from our internal tools & systems, or is shared to us by our partners, you will be responsible to efficiently extract, transform, & load so that TouchBistro is able to harness the full potential of this data.
- Design & build data structures, data pipelines, & data infrastructure leveraging the variety of sources across the organization
- Document data sources, data structures, data flows, & data infrastructure to share knowledge & understanding of the solutions being implemented
- Contribute to the development of reporting solutions for the TouchBistro product by crafting queries, providing APIs, & delivering tools enable other development teams to deliver data views
- Evaluate external data sources to augment our data capabilities
- Collaborate with & mentor development teams across the organization to design & implement effective data models & infrastructure
- Work with departments across the organization to assist with data-related technical issues & support their data infrastructure needs
- Implement programs to cleanse, consolidate, & correlate structured, semi-structured, & unstructured data
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 3+ years database development experience
- 2+ years application development experience
- Hands-on with core data related skills such as data modeling, database design, extract transform load (ETL) processes, data visualization, working with unstructured data, & data warehousing
- Proficient with SQL-based database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, or Oracle
- Experience with AWS suite of cloud-based tools & services supporting big data such as Kinesis, Athena, Lambda, Data Pipeline, & Redshift
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts & ideas to all levels of employees & management
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field required
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro youll join a fun, vibrant & rapid growth environment where youll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative & respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches & more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.