BuzzFeed Video is looking for a Short Form Video Producer to join our video organization in Los Angeles, CA. The Short Form Video Producer will work to support BuzzFeed across platforms & brands. The chosen candidate will report to the Supervising Producer & team to execute on short form original videos for Facebook, Instagram & TikTok. They will thrive in an autonomous work environment & be able to juggle multiple priority projects at once. Were looking for a Digital native producer who understands producing, directing & editing for the internet. BuzzFeed is a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that requires a flexible, creative & collaborative work ethic.
- Produce creative, low-cost, quick turn-around videos for Facebook & Instagram
- Pitch & execute viral formats
- Track video performance data
- Implement feedback from the Supervising Producers in a timely manner
- Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with the Publishing & Content Analytics teams to grow channels
- Ideate, pitch & execute both assigned & original videos
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & the entire CC suite
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
- Passionate about the internet & creating digital video content
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Must have experience behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook or Instagram within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.