Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business & support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance & the Business.
About the Job:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will spearhead & lead our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure. You will be responsible for building & developing tooling, policies, & processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, & performance. You will lead assigned projects, & be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of site reliability.
What You'll Do:
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers & Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers & own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs & documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, & will identify opportunities for reducing toil & avoiding technical debt to reduce support & operations load on the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment - traditional Data Center / COLO with Cloud Platforms
- You understand the cloud architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- You have programming proficiency is essential. Including but not limited to Java/Go/Bash/JS/Ruby/Python.
- You are comfortable with Docker & Kubernetes K8s
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux containers & container orchestration managers
- You have experience with a configuration management tool for automation & workflow development.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise & clear.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.