This role collaborates closely with the Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Program Management & Quality Engineering teams to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls through 2D drawings & 3D CAD support for all phases of the product development lifecycle. You will also work closely with the Manufacturing & Sustaining engineering teams to provide support for continued process improvement through 3D & 2D CAD.
- Create technical 2D product drawings for all components & assemblies through entire product lifecycle of fitness products.
- Provide 3D CAD support to the Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering teams for robust model creation.
- Establish best practices for 3D & 2D CAD creation & mentor junior staff
- Manages release timing of all parts & assemblies of product line to meet build schedule.
- Define & manage Bill of Material Structure of product top level assembly
- Create & manage advanced CAE tools
- Work with Hardware Engineering team to define engineering tolerances on drawings
- Coordinate cross departmental drawing & process reviews.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering team with ongoing Production & cost-down projects.
- Create engineering change orders (ECO) for build preparation, product release & post-production changes.
- 6+ years post graduate mechanical design experience and/or 6+ years of drafting experience
- BS or BE in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong Experience with consumer product design (fitness equipment a plus)
- Strong Experience with 3D Modeling software (Solidworks 3D CAD & Solidworks PDM preferred)
- Experience with Arena or equivalent product lifecycle management software
- Strong Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Strong knowledge of product life cycle management
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers
- Spoken & written English
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 or ISO 8015, 1101 & 2768 drawing standards
- Expert Knowledge using GD&T to define products for 2D drawings
- Experience creating & modifying master models for 3D CAD
- This position is based in NYC HQ
- Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP) certification or higher
- Experience with Solidworks PDM Administration tool
- Experience as CAD Administrator