Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible & affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform & supply chain allows us to offer everyone whether they have insurance or not amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country & fixing how opaque, unfair & overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders & operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
As the Manager, Data Engineering (Business Intelligence), you will be responsible for building the team, hiring, mentoring, & promoting a world-class data team. You are a thought leader within data engineering, leading design, modeling, architecture. You work collaboratively with Finance, Marketing, Product teams to provide well-thought out & reliable data models in support of analytics & data science. Your teams output empowers the wider organization to use & understand the data assets we have. You are responsible to develop & maintain data products & infrastructure including budgeting & utilization. You will proactively assess production DW support trends to determine & implement short- & long-term solutions, & be able to design for data security, integrity, availability, usefulness across the organization & intelligence. You will set a high bar for clean, efficient processing, best practice standards, & performing peer code & architecture review.
- You have 4+ years hands-on management experience. You have a track record of building high performance teams with strong ownership & accountability.
- You have demonstrated technical strength with:
- Writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries & Python scripts across large data sets,
- Creating dimensional data models to represent business analytics development
- Integration & design for Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, QuickSight)
- Designing & maintaining columnar databases
- You have strong experience with data modeling & architecture, ETL in a heterogeneous environment of multiple data stores, combining internal & partner data.
- You are comfortable managing & executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish, including project ownership, data gathering & manipulation, synthesis & modeling, problem solving, & effectively communicating insights & recommendations to key stakeholders.
- You have worked & collaborated effectively with data engineers, analysts & data scientists to deliver scalable data infrastructure.
- You have experience working alongside business users to gather requirements & manage scope including timelines, resources & feasibility of tasks.
- You are confident in your ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- You are passionate about promoting data literacy across the organization through training, documentation & promoting best practices.
- Degree in quantitative field preferred.
- HIPAA or healthcare-relevant company experience as part of the required experience above, with demonstrated industry knowledge of handling sensitive information.
- Experience with AWS specific technologies: Redshift, EC2, Athena, Glue, etc.
- Excited about joining a close-knit team, passionate about data!
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious & aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.