This is an entirely unique internship/entry-level position at a top-five book publishing company on the team for James Patterson, one of the best-selling authors & biggest pro-reading advocates in the world.
The position is part-time (28 hours per week), offers an hourly wage, & the start date is immediate. Six month (minimum) commitment. For the right candidate, this is a tremendous opportunity to gain executive-track publishing & entertainment industry experience. More than 95% of past interns have immediately gone on to full-time paid positions in the publishing or wider entertainment industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be exposed to an unusually wide range of publishing including:
- Tracking & analyzing sales data
- Providing advertising, trade marketing, & social media support
- Assisting with publicity outreach & campaigns
- Serving as a liaison between the publisher & booksellers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Relevant prior work/internship experience in publishing, sales, or marketing is preferred, but above all the candidate should be confident & possess a natural problem-solving intelligence.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook required.
- Knowledge & interest in quantitative data analysis is a plus.
- Candidate should possess excellent analytical skills & be highly organized, detail oriented, articulate, culture-savvy, creative, & personable.
- A passion for books & reading is a must, as is a desire to get great books into the hands of readers.