KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Multi-Family Wall Panel Designer
Transforms initial rough product designs using HSB-CAD, or AutoCAD Arch into working documents by creating highly detailed models. Produce detailed permitting, construction, & shop drawings, files & plans for all wood wall components within Multi-Family structures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, materials, & procedures. Relies on experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct & lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity & latitude is expected. Frequent trips to sites & or factory will be required. Support for creating & sending CDT files to Randek Automated Wall Line. General understanding of Wall Panel production requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces designs for wall panels. Provides layouts, performs engineering, & takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints & customer requirements for specific projects.
- Co-ordinates with sales, estimating, production, engineering & the architects to achieve customer schedules & cost objectives.
- Resolves architectural & design conflicts.
- Ensures project files, shop drawings, engineering seals & records are properly maintained.
- Understands loading conditions & utilizes design software packages, HSB-CAD is preferred, (MiTek Sapphire or Alpine ITW or other comparable) panel design software may be considered.
- Computes load & grade requirements & material stress factors to determine design specifications based on customers structural design needs.
- Ensures economical & proper use of materials per current inventory levels & material costs.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment & produces highly cost effective & production friendly component designs.
- Performs job site inspections & resolves customer service issues associated with the job.
- Produces materials list.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to read blueprints & visualize structural details in three dimensions
- Understands code requirements & loading conditions
- Understands field requirements & constructability of panelized components
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane & solid geometry & trigonometry.
- Expertise in HSB-CAD, MiTek design software, Revit or AutoCAD Arch.
- Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Energetic & self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Associates degree in a technical program plus two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education & experience. TTT certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2 Years of HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or AutoCAD Arch.
- 2 Years preparing shop, construction, & permitting documents in HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or AutoCAD Arch.
- 5+ Years of industry experience preferred
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following programs, HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or Dietrich.
- Detail oriented
- Organized & excellent communication skills
- Word & Excel
- Navisworks is a plus
- Hands-on construction experience is a plus
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.