Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Director, Ads Activationplays a key role as the day-to-day lead for executing the digital campaigns & ad inventory on our highest trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, & Server Fault, as well as other tech-related Q&A sites. Reporting into the VP of Customer Success, your primary focus will be leading a team of Account Managers & Customer Success reps to ensure the proper pacing, performance, & customer care is delivered to all of our clients throughout the campaign process. A positive attitude & willingness to roll up your sleeves is also critical to get the job done. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort & ideas will matter. Youre relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, & pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product youre selling & take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What youll do:
- Manage a team of Account Managers & Customer Success Managers for trafficking & quality assurance of both ad campaigns & creatives, while troubleshooting issues & managing back-end reporting.
- Oversee the Stack Overflow ad strategy including the continued improvement of all phases of a campaign-- creative trafficking, reporting, inventory forecasting, accurate tags & targeting, activation, delivery, QA & performance troubleshooting
- Responsible for forecasting customer risk, renewal & upsell outcomes, ultimately seeking an increased investment in Stack Overflow platforms by existing customers while also minimizing churn
- Guide the team to best-in-class approaches to account management, customer goal-setting, renewal methodologies & leveraging data & audience insights to deliver against measurable goals
- Understand the overall Stack Overflow ad strategy & lead the development of strategic recommendations across multiple product offerings
- Collaborate with the ad sales team to ensure ad campaign activation, providing insights during pre-sale, post-sale, & renewal processes
- Oversee quality, strategy, & integrity of all client deliverables & campaign performance being activated & managed by the team
- Support business development efforts & lead compelling Activation strategies & innovative approaches while generating actionable channel insights from large datasets
- Cultivate & maintain productive relationships with key cross-functional lead stakeholders, including Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Ad Ops & Finance, to translate client needs into concrete objectives
What you'll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience & expert knowledge of digital buying and/or selling with relevant hands-on internal & client-facing analysis expertise
- 4+ years of experience in a management role leading at least 5 or more team members & navigating client relationships
- Previous experience with systems, analytics & data interpretation, ideally advertising-related, & an ability to translate technical aspects of analysis & metrics into actionable insights
- Knowledge & understanding of advertising landscape operations & tools (ie Google Ad Manager, 3rd party ad tags & order management systems) through relevant job experience
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration through excellent communication skills, ability to distill key ideas for non-digitally centric teams
- Proven ability to work with & influence cross-functional teams
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce & Gainsight, is a plus
What youll get in return: