AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies & financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public & private contentincluding company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, & equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, & India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Customer Success team is composed of our Product Specialist group, a team of highly trained product experts as well as our Account Managers, who provide strategic guidance to our robust book of business, spanning from Fortune 1000 businesses to some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
First & foremost, the Customer Success team are value added partners to our clients. We are extremely consultative in our approach & will do everything we can to solve for client challenges through our product. We spend our waking hours obsessing over our customers & making sure they have the right data at their fingertips to make the best decision possible. We are responsible for retaining our customers, maximizing usage of the product & partnering with the sales team to uncover opportunities to grow our business.
About the Role:
The Account Manager, Financial Services is responsible for developing three-dimensional relationships with customers & key stakeholders in order to effectively retain & grow our customer base. In this role, you will serve as our Financial clients main point of contact for inbound queries, outbound engagement, relationship updates, & renewal discussions. Youll need to be versatile. You will work with a variety of clients from Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Investment Banks to Private Equity & more.. In this role, youll be expected to collaborate with account executives, identifying new business opportunities to help expand our footprint within each client account.
While key performance indicators include retention rate & the identification of growth opportunities, the responsibilities of Account Managers go much deeper. The team also extracts a wealth of knowledge from our clients, bringing that internally to product, marketing & sales teams in order to maximize the effectiveness of our business strategy & communication.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-driven: You have a strong ability to develop instant rapport with new people & youve demonstrated success at managing & growing relationships within Fortune 1000 clients and/or financial services companies
- A subject matter expert: You excel at what you do & know how to succeed within your role -- this includes both internal & external relationship management as well as strong business acumen & commitment to effective processes & tactics
- Energetic & Creative: You possess a natural intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn & adapt quickly
- You understand our business: We are a rapidly growing SaaS company & are incredibly passionate about our product. We are looking for individuals who understand best practices for client engagement within a SaaS environment; preferably with exposure to AI and/or research-based products
- Committed to delivering results: You set the example for grit, work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm & commitment amongst your peers.
- A strong communicator: Youll regularly be engaged with anyone from an Analyst to a C-level executive & that requires exceptional oral, written & presentation skills. Youll need to distill & explain complex issues in simple terms.
What Youll Do:
- Maximize retention rate across the book of business
- Youll increase & drive adoption of AlphaSense solutions into other business units of existing clients to uncover new opportunities, exceeding monthly, quarterly & annual revenue goals
- Identify revenue at risk in order to best position the company to prevent churn
- Forecast retention rates
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify growth opportunities within the book of business
- Understand the ins & out of the business, roles, responsibilities, projects, performance metrics, etc. within our client base in order to more effectively: 1) communicate with users, 2) communicate with decision makers, 3) identify white space, 4) partner with AE to craft most compelling messaging to prospective users
- Cultivate relationships with users & key stakeholders to ensure AlphaSense is viewed as a business partner rather than vendor
- Hold Business Reviews with key stakeholders
- Plan & execute new user onboarding & training initiatives
- Consistent proactive outreach with material & information thats relevant for our user base
- Serve as our boots on the ground & physical presence within each client (floor walks, lunch & learns, etc.)
- Serve as both the advocate for AlphaSense to the client, & the client advocate within AlphaSense
- Acquire value stories & product feedback from clients. Circulate internally to assist with product development, marketing, sales efforts
- Allocate time effectively to work most closely with high & mid-touch accounts
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, & respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSenses commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, & termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances where a particular employee works.