The search team at Walmart Labs & Jet is dedicated to the mission of helping millions of customers every day in finding the right products. We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or iPad, our service goes to work. We mine billions of search queries & tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for our customers. Team members take end-to-end responsibility in analyzing large amounts of data, creating complex models, improving their accuracy & deploying these models to serve customers. E-commerce product search, much like web search, has always been a fertile area of AI innovation. Search algorithm team at Walmart Labs & Jet is working on fascinating AI/ML problems like deep NLP based query understanding, improving relevance ranking of products, semantic matching of query <-> item pairs using embeddings, visual search to enable search by image, etc. As part of this team, you'll solve some of the most challenging & impactful problems in machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, computer vision or statistical measurement. Your work will be visible to hundreds of millions of customers & you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 company. If you speak & think machine learning then we want to talk to you. Come join our team & be part of this exciting journey.
What you will do:
- Build advanced machine learning models & improve the accuracy of those models
- Deploy the models in production where it will serve customers in real time
- Put on the hacker's hat quickly convert an idea to a demonstration
- Present your work to the internal & external community
- Work alongside senior machine learning researchers & define the right solution to implement
What you will have:
- 7+ years of experience in Software engineering.
- Ability to write high performance production quality code. Experience in Python, Scala & other equivalent languages is a plus.
- Functional programming experience is a plus.
- Experience building & productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Good understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection & other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting.
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models & pipelines
- Experience building & maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas
- Familiarity with Deep Learning.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving customers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm & learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.