Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, & recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization & cross-functionally, helping to drive performance & meet organizational goals & objectives.
We are looking for a creative, strategic, data savvy leader to join our Integrated Marketing team to oversee our Paid Social Strategy & to help guide & scale our paid social programs. The Manager, Paid Social will be responsible for the planning, execution, & optimization of all Mailchimp media campaigns within the Paid Social environment. You will also play an integral role in the day to day partnership with our Media agency & third-party vendors. You will also bring a highly analytical, creative, & flexible mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering success, achieving revenue growth & cultivating the experience within this channel.
What You'll do here:
- Paid Social Media Program Assistance: Under the guidance of the Director, Paid Media, collaborate with key marketing stakeholders to formulate, develop & execute Mailchimp's paid social strategy to align with subscriber acquisition goals & initiatives.
- Paid Social Media Optimization & Reporting: Ensure social media KPIs are documented, accurate, tracked & that campaigns are optimized against them. Understand the relationships between key social media metrics & be able to interpret data sets & draw insights from the numbers.
- Social Media Advertising Subject Matter Expertise: Measure efficacy of social media campaigns across all major publishers. Recommend & evaluate targeting & outline detailed segmentation strategies throughout the customer journey. Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech, privacy & branding.
- Media Agency & Vendor Management: Be confident in working with outside media agencies & third-party vendors (Facebook, LinedIN, pinterest, Twitter etc.) to hold them accountable. Oversee media spend & accountable for agreed-upon KPIs for our campaigns. Review agency reporting, making optimization recommendations when necessary, & track changes & updates to completion.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with the organic Social Media, Brand, Product & Partner Marketing teams to ensure social strategy aligns with initiative goals, objectives & customer journey. Develop a comprehensive paid social calendar that complements organic social strategy & includes creative testing & messaging roadmaps. Work with the Marketing teams to provide media recommendations, reporting/analysis, testing recommendations, & answer ad hoc questions. Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop & evaluate benchmarks & KPIs for measuring program effectiveness. Work with Marketing Analytics & Web Ops to implement & maintain best-in-class tagging solutions.
- Reporting & Optimization: Provide agreed-upon reports & analysis of media for internal stakeholders. Evaluate performance against goals & objectives. Review media budget forecast & partner allocations. Suggest testing methodologies & experiments to improve performance.
- Brand & Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand & the value to our end-users, infusing that into all programs. Keep up to date on our Product to understand business priorities & consumer challenges.
Wed Love to Hear From You If:
- You have media experience (8+ years) in advertising, preferably at both the agency & client side with extensive experience managing Paid Social campaigns
- A passion for social media & experience scaling campaigns across all major social outlets
- Experience in managing media budgets of $15 million+
- Experience managing external agencies
- You have a strong understanding of advertising programs & strategies across a number of channels, with an emphasis on social media platforms
- Background in the software space, with global experience if possible
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Deep understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving performance & improving the customer experience
- Thorough understanding of media attribution & campaign automation
- Expertise & comfort collaborating closely with analytics groups
- Demonstrated experience managing & bringing to market marketing campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented & ever-changing environment
- Strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, & interpersonal skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19