Director of Sales Operations & Intelligence
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the worlds largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel & device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges & value entrepreneurship, humility, & constant personal growth.
ABOUT THIS JOB
LiveRamp is looking for a Senior Sales Operations Director to join the LiveRamp team & support our rapid growth. This role is a critical position as we grow both in scale & breadth of offering, they will be a critical partner to our leadership & sales teams, contributing to the effective execution of our growth strategies & to the empowerment of our sales team with clear tactics & strategies. Youll have the opportunity to contribute to our success by working on highly complex, undefined, cross functional problems across functions that require extensive investigation & analysis.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in Sales Operations & Intelligence & has worked in dynamic high-growth sales environments. They will be comfortable supporting global standards across sales initiatives, programs, renewal processes, annual planning activities, sales productivity analysis, ownership of the sales stack & special projects. They have a bias towards action, are a proven manager & leader, can dig deep into the data, & have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Sales Operations & Intelligence Director will have a proven track record of providing both strategic & tactical insights to support the hyper growth of field sales & customer facing teams. They will thrive in a startup like environment but seek the experience of working for a publicly traded tech company. This is a full-time employee based in our San Francisco office.
- Develop a world class forecasting practice, efficiently connecting sales objectives, outcomes & activities to GTM growth targets
- Create a center of excellence for SOPs / SI with purpose, leadership, & connection, directing the activities of the Sales Operations & Sales Intelligence functions with a combined roadmap to optimally support our Field partners
- Partner across our FinOps team to drive a consistent data architecture across multiple platforms or services, driving company-wide analytic standards
- Work with company leadership to recommend key sales KPIs & targets to predict the sales organizations success & identify performance improvement opportunities by providing accurate forecasts based on the pipeline, close ratios & deal inputs
- Partner with Field Strategy & cross-functional stakeholders to provide a 360 view of Field Productivity & Subscription bookings & drive executive-level recommendations that directly impact an already industry-leading Enterprise SaaS team
- Manage, grow, & develop our high performing sales operations & intelligence teams
- Discover & drive performance improvements across the sales platforms, tools & processes we use & help to build the foundation for us to continue to scale at speed
- Improve life for sales -- free their time to sell by partnering closely with the sales organization to understand the challenges that need support
- Provide proactive insights to business partners based on business acumen & data analysis, be able to identify issues & recommend action plans
- Implement, document, enforce processes & tools that will maintain integrity & accuracy of sales data in Salesforce.com & integrate with business intelligence software & other sales tools
- 10+ years of managing single or multiple Sales Operations functions
- 15+ years of experience in Sales Operations roles, or Financial Analyst roles
- An excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Sales Operations processes & systems (sales cycle, CRM applications, lead generation, reporting, forecasting, territory management, compensation planning & sales quotas)
- Strong competency with Excel, business models, pivot tables, charts & graphs
- BS or BA degree required
- Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights & contribution to both creating & executing business strategies
- Smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working & proactive (no exceptions)
- Attention to detail & ability to multi-task are critical
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Must be able to function as part of a team & adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- People: work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, & the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of New York or San Francisco
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across eight countries & four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.