Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, & maintaining new features & products that enable artists, modelers & developers to create rich & interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created & experienced.
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR & VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas in order to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. By joining the XR Runtimes team, you will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. You will be directly involved with both Unity-driven development & with partners in order to shape this exciting new space.
While working in a collaborative group environment, you will be provided opportunities to help learn & continue growth in programming & interaction design. If you have a passion for the XR space & want to help achieve its full potential, Unity should be the next step in your career!
What youll be doing
- Working individually or within a small group to design & develop next generation AR runtimes & tooling
- Collaborating with other teams within R&D to help bring cohesive & user friendly experiences to developers
- Daily writing of fast, maintainable code in C++ & C#
- Working with DOTS, unitys Data Oriented Technology Stack to deliver high performance accessible features
- Writing automated tests around new or existing functionality; partnering closely with embedded QA to establish standard methodologies, investigation of issues, & quality of code written
What were looking for
- Advanced C/C++ skills, C# development experience
- Passion to learn & grow & ability to quickly adapt to new technologies & tasks
- Passion for performance, code analysis, & debugging tools
- Passion for AR & the possibilities in that space
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with global teams
You might also have
- Prior development experience with AR/VR, such as ARCore, ARKit, OpenXR, Oculus, WinMR, Magic Leap, etc.
- Game engine development experience
- Experience using Unitys engine & tool
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.