As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Preference to have this position filled in Bay Area
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa's clients around the world. With our deep knowledge & expertise, we are a key internal partner to product & technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development & successful deployment of Visa products & services, & enabling our client facing teams to deliver & scale new products, services & initiatives into the market.
Within Client Services, the role of the Global Readiness team is to take ownership of a product team's vision & deliver with excellence for our clients on behalf of Visa.Readiness acts as the liaison between Product & Client Services to engage early & provide input during the design & development stages, including building out implementation & support requirements, & partnering cross-functionally to identify & communicate platform & product roadmap impacts to the client facing support teams to enable our clients' success.
We are hiring a global ProjectManager to focus on the Numerics Initiative - how Visa is implementing the new ISO standard on BIN length. Our goal is to facilitate a successful & seamless adoption by our clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & third-party service providers) around the world. Visa is taking this opportunity as relevant to update its approach to managing the BIN & the related processing numerics that support its transactions in VisaNet & the downstream systems.
This highly visible leader will be instrumental to the success of this multi-faceted, global project that touches upon all functional areas at Visa with impacts our entire client base. This program is especially complex as it involves managing changes to in-market product portfolios & platforms to accommodate the new standard, requiring customer-centric solutions that do not disrupt commercial operating models. The successful candidate will enable our operational client-facing teams to solve real world challenges through establishing strong project management processes & accountabilities. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of project management practices, payment processing, & the client business landscape. It will be essential to develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders across Client Services, Sales, IT & Product, & have the ability to forge alliances across teams.
The success of the adoption of the Numerics Initiative will directly affect Visa's reputation & our positioning as a leader in the industry. This PMO will be instrumental in driving the successful adoption of the Numerics Initiative by internal & external clients, reinforcing Visa's position as an industry leader & innovation company.
KEYS to SUCCESS
- Self-motivated & highly driven to get things done
- Always learning & comfortable with constant change
- Problem-solver & change agent with ability to identify & implement opportunities for improvements to enable teams to work productively & optimally. Passionate in putting client interests as the focus of all efforts
- Great listener who can communicate clearly with many types of people. Knows how to ask insightful questions that advance the discussion & impact project planning
- Relationship-builder who understands the need to build inclusive teams across a diverse audience with multiple, matrixed reporting lines
- An adept communicator who understands technical platform features & translates them into business terms to motivate action. Provides clear, concise communication to project stakeholders; summarizes relevant facts for senior management & delivers with confidence
- Works independently yet collaboratively; acts decisively, able to resolve most project management issues independently
- Own the Numerics Initiative global roadmap including the comprehensive operational plans, success metrics & dashboard for the Numerics Initiative. Own set up & administration for project/work stream meetings; including meeting management, minute taking, preparing agendas & circulating inputs/outputs. Take decisions on how to optimize team progress & collaboration; administer & update dashboard & communicate out to stakeholders
- Own the RAID (Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions) process through updating logs, reporting progress & communicating implications
- Maintains current project documentation using accessible venues organized in clear & telegraphic way. Takes initiative to create & grow a Numerics Initiative learning culture
- Select resources, train users & manage the Program/Project mailbox, Dynamics, SharePoint & other repositories/collaboration tools to be used by the team
- Develop a strong partnership with the relevant global & regional Client Services, Sales, Product, IT & cross-functional teams. Be the bridge from the Project Management Office to the other working teams to optimize collaboration & identify common needs. Support gathering client-relevant & technical details & data required for client success.
- Liaise with IT Project Manager & Lead Architect to ensure alignment in project planning & management
- Facilitate regularly scheduled & ad hoc project meetings to cover project updates, resource additions, schedules, deliverables & risks. On an ongoing basis, provide high quality customer service & communicate project status (timelines, progress & challenges) to business stakeholders
- Serve as an organizational advisor to Core team leads, helping to identify gaps & bolster capabilities, solve problems proactively & real-time, & deliver relevant knowledge.
- Lead ad hoc projects as required to resolve issues, & drive project progress.
- Attend client meetings as requested.
- Embrace & implement new methodologies & optimize on an ongoing basis as the business scales within the organization.
- Support PMO team to prioritize deliverables, track to KPIs, identify opportunities & provide executive level reporting
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
- At least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office & other collaboration tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Dynamics, Project, SharePoint or equivalent) required.
- Strong analytical abilities with excellent knowledge of project management methodologies & collaborations processes.
- Working knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall development methodologies
- Knowledge of client payment processing & operational environments
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Candidate must make themselves available during core business hours in the US, with recognition that global nature of role will involve early- & or late-availability at time as well.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20%of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.