<intent> isnt your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, & passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas & co-create one of the most human & inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing & rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
This Director of FP&A role will report to the CFO & will partner with the business to infuse financial leadership & analytical insight to daily decision making to support the delivery of business results. You will be an integral part of a high-profile team with ongoing exposure to executives, functional & finance partners across <intent>, collaborating on the biggest opportunities <intent> will exploit. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, resourceful & eager to dive into the data.
As the FP&A Director, you will lead our Financial Planning & Analysis group out of our NYC headquarters. Youll work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to help us tackle some of the most challenging issues we encounter as we expand both our product set & international footprint. Along the way, youll gain exposure to some of the most important facets of our business & contribute analysis that will drive strategic decision-making.
What You Will Do:
As a Player / Coach, you will manage the Financial Planning & Analysis team who oversees revenue planning & analysis, management reporting, & business intelligence. The team also provides analytical support for major strategy projects that help shape the future trajectory of the business. As the FP&A Director, you will be directly involved in strategy creation alongside our commercial leads; leveraging your team to produce the required analysis to support decision making.
Specifically, you will:
- Research markets & produce Total Addressable Market analysis in supporting the Go To Market Strategy of <intent> across the globe & our evolving product suite.
- Keep the leadership team focused on the most important business KPIs & leverage leading indicators to promote action
- Identify the most important strategic projects, & expansion opportunities the company leadership should be focused on.
- Build financial models & analyze + interpret relevant financial data to support senior leadership in making effective decisions
- Manage the <intent> FP&A team who is responsible for:
- Helping drive our financial planning & continually monitor performance vs. plan
- Supporting our team of Strategic Partner Managers as they build & enhance our most important customer relationships
- Working closely with our Commercial team to identify, size & prioritize new business opportunities
- Closely monitor & analyze our business performance & report key findings to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare weekly & monthly KPIs for key constituents
- Provide ad-hoc support for major projects that help drive the strategic trajectory of the business
- Continuously innovate our approach to data analysis & systems to support our growth
- 7-10 years of total experience
- preferably inclusive of 3-4 years of experience as a top-rated Analyst at a leading investment bank or management consulting firm
- 2-3 years of experience in a FP&A role
- 2-3 years experience should be in a media or technology SaaS business
- Demonstrated experience leveraging analysis & insights to influence business strategy and/or change the opinions of leadership.
- Referenceable track record of communicating to senior management, board members, investors & lenders in a clear & effective manner
- Past career highlights should include Illustrative examples of analytical insights you produced that directly correlated to revenue growth initiatives.
- Able to articulate your involvement in the concepting, design & iterations of a B2B SaaS pricing methodology.
- Extremely strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Significant experience building & working with complex financial models
- Incredibly organized & able to prioritize effectively even amidst ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial drive with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- A professional demeanor, the ability to negotiate sensitive matters & the ability to work collaboratively are a must.
- Ability to work with & manage expectations across a complex set of stakeholders
- SQL experience is a plus (but not required)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A demonstrated interest in technology, the internet & data-driven marketing.
<intent> is the data science company for the worlds leading travel sites. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities trained & fine-tuned for years enable us to serve ads & conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
We operate in more than 40 countries with hundreds of airline, hotel, car rental, online travel agency & meta-search partners around the globe, including 9 of the top 10 OTAs & meta-search sites in North America. Were over 100 people strong, with offices in NYC (HQ) & London.
Every day, were inspired by two pursuits. First, were building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, were building the company weve always wanted to work for one thats open, human & collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas & get things done.
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, & we let them know they're valued. Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We dont take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, & so our flat structure & open communication invite innovation from all levels ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation & great benefits; a beautiful office with drinks & snacks; stock options; $2,000 USD annual learning budget; & company-wide social events.
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!