We are seeking a Supply Strategy & Operations Director to drive 1stDibs commercial supply strategy. You will be responsible for supporting our Chief Commercial Officer in expanding upon the initiatives that will ultimately drive supply & GMV for the business. You will partner with the Supply leadership team & its cross-functional counterparts to identify & develop actionable insights. On the Operations side, you will lead a team & identify areas for process improvements to deliver a best-in-class experience for our suppliers.
We are looking for someone who has experience in an internal strategic role or consulting. You should have a passion for process optimization, analytics, & project management, & creating recommendations for our executive group. To be successful, you need to have well-rounded management skills - including the ability to think critically about data, solve complex problems, & collaborate cross-functionally.
What youll do
- Responsible for providing actionable data, reporting & insightful trend analysis along with thoughtful recommendations in order to make performance improvements & transformational changes within our organization
- Inform the strategy related to supply growth initiatives to drive GMV, improved cost efficiency, & elevate the 1stDibs brand
- The individual will work independently with few direct reports as well as collaboratively across the team & other departments to execute on programs, processes & policies that will have a profound impact on the business overall
- Support resource planning on an annual, quarterly, & ad hoc basis
- Act as one of the key points of contact for the Product team to ensure business changes are managed with the service organization in mind
- Youll be working closely with the Partner Management, Business Development, & Art & Design Research teams to gather feedback, analyze, identify opportunities, implement new processes, & create reports.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as needed to solve a wide range of business problems & questions
- Present key findings, business insights, analysis & recommendations to the leadership team
- This role will be executing a number of operational tactics & programs on behalf of the department, both internally & cross functionally
What youll bring
- Minimum 7 to 9 years of experience in consulting or an internal strategy role with a proven ability to lead & an in-depth knowledge of support organizations
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver results & drive business impact
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational & interpersonal communication skills, with strong emphasis on listening; demonstrated project management skills & the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to high personal performance standards; integrity, business ethics & the desire & ability to continuously learn
- Ability to building relationships & trust with business partners & peers
- Experience with Salesforce, Looker & GSuite
- Financial fluency, business acumen & ability to say it with data always
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, with a positive can do attitude to do whatever it takes to succeed
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches & fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.