As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Innovation & Strategic Design Manager for Mexico Innovation Studio is an experienced specialist in strategic design & innovation design methodologies that enables the core of Visa's Innovation process. Skills include designing client & internal session plans, understanding business challenges, supporting & conducting primary research, facilitating the ideation of solutions, drafting product/services concepts, applying validation techniques & supporting workshop moderation.
- Use human-centered design to problem solving which starts with the needs, wants & limitations of people & ends with innovative solutions that meet those needs & wants.
- Collaborate with internal teams to scope business opportunities & design effective innovation processes & Client sessions, achieve a thorough understanding of collaboration opportunities.
- Foster & bring innovation, products & solutions that connect consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments, enabling them to use electronic payments instead of cash & checks.
- Go to market faster, with shorter development cycles, & be more agile in our processes.
- Design & create tools for Client sessions, as well as compelling presentations & prototypes.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Lead the Design User Experiences that are delightful & engaging
- Understand & advocate for the consumer's experience
- Manage Innovation Studio materials (technical resources, tools), generate & customize tools (physical & digital; templates, wire frames, visual designs, style guides, pattern libraries, inspiration materials, session recaps)
- Lead design research & user testing; manage agencies & resources; analyze results & generate valuable insights.
- Create interactive prototypes for demonstration purposes
- Digitize engagement materials & generate deliverables.
- Create quick mockups & sketches
- Present design concepts to Visa's partners & clients
- Design & create presentations & templates
- Collect information for the innovation repository (observatory, trends, cases, maps)
- Support workshop moderation with Visa's partners & clients
- Prepare engagement sessions, logistics & deployment
Strategic Nature, Accountability & Scope
- We are going through a transformation where we put innovation & the consumer experience at the center of our efforts. We have shifted our focus & now work side by side with our clients & partners to create the next generation of payment solutions that are more directly aligned with the marketplace & solve real-world problems.
- This evolution of our role leads us to think less about specific products & more about the payment capabilities that we offer, & about how our partners can leverage them to create the best consumer experiences.
- Considering this, Visa requires the internal capacity to tackle strategic opportunities through innovation. This position is key to accelerate the process & conduct it in an effective & timely manner. Also, this position will help the Innovation team depend less on external agencies.
- Position is expected to decide over tactical matters for which he / she is responsible for & to escalate the ones that require management involvement.
- Manager will have several internal & external relationships to address the opportunity.1 )Internal: Innovation team in Miami & other Innovation Studios (globally), Products, Sales, Merchants, Marketing, Consulting. 2) External: Issuers, Merchants, & other Visa partner's key stakeholder. Agencies, consultants, & the innovation & design ecosystem.
- Reports to Innovation Senior Director
- Interacts externally with vendors & Visa clients, as well as the innovation ecosystem
- Interacts internally with local Product, Sales, Marketing, Merchants, Corporate Communications teams in different levels.
- Advanced design software skills
- Research skills
- Project planning / management
- Ecosystem knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree.Graduate School/MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experiencein the payments industry is preferred
- Proven experience in corporate innovation
- Flexible & creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage uncertainty
- Strong analytical ability to perceive trends & opportunities
- Strong written & in-person communication skills, including ability to develop business requirements, stakeholder documents, & other key communications
- Ability to manage & work well within complex, cross-functional teams
- Proactive & hands on
- Fluent in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law