Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Through pragmatic testing practices, Mailchimps Quality Assurance team helps build high-quality software by ensuring our products are reliable, delightful to use, & helpful to our customers growing businesses. We thrive on curiosity, growth & innovation. And we're looking for a QA Analyst to join our team.
This role will be responsible for serving as a QA strategist; thoroughly testing a feature, thinking outside of the box, speaking up, & questioning norms. As our ideal candidate you are flexible & autonomous, you have an eye for detail, defect detection & experience in risk assessment.
What Youll Do
- Work with software engineers, designers, & product leads to help establish Mailchimps product roadmap & goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout design, engineering, & release process
- Write user-focused test plans & test cases for product release
- Document features for testing teammates, support agents, & cross-functional groups
- Educate QA teammates on recently released features, experiments youve tried in testing, & upcoming releases
- Communicate testing success & sticking points to product leads during release process
- Investigate support tickets & user research for insight into day-to-day use of Mailchimp, & integrate findings into testing
- Work with Test Engineers to identify areas of apps that benefit from automated testing & help prioritize the backlog of scripted tests
- Facilitate manual testing
- Aggregate test results from manual testing, automated testing, & offshore testing into reports to be shared cross-functionally
Wed Love to Hear from You if:
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills, & ability to communicate with technical & non-technical teams
- Youre able to use data & user knowledge to influence change cross-functionally
- Youre comfortable working on a small, independent team with a developing culture & dynamic work environment where priorities may shift frequently
- You have exceptional analytical & problem solving skills
- You have strong research skills, including ability to understand user experience & fit it into testing
- You have a strong understanding of modern testing practices
- You have proven experience establishing & advocating for the right balance between process & momentum
- You can adapt to priorities on the fly based on emerging needs for users & the cross-functional team
- You are familiar with JIRA, Confluence, or similar ticketing systems
- You are familiar with browser based development tools & GitHub
- Bonus points for experience working & testing within a high experimentation environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland & are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.