Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely & sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science & digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Were looking for a motivated individual to join our Business Enablement team at Virta. As a Business Enablement Specialist, you will support the business critical functions such as determining eligibility, collecting lab work, & helping applicants & patients schedule appointments. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include working with internal & external teams to engage with our applicants & patients to answer non-clinical questions they may have as they enroll in our treatment & achieve positive health outcomes.
The Business Enablement Specialist will be part of a team who works to improve eligibility process, increase revenue collection, & provide timely & efficient support to internal & external stakeholders. Were looking for someone who is passionate about the patient experience & who is willing to jump in & make an impact. This role will work cross-functionally with our coach, provider, marketing, enrollment, & engineering teams to ensure applicants & patients are receiving resolutions for non-clinical issues which will help Virta transform more & more patient lives!
- Work with team members through our ZenDesk ticketing system to check eligibility, manage patient/applicant non-clinical inquiries, review & upload lab submissions, & various other requests.
- Follow established processes & checklists while providing insights & feedback for improvements.
- Maintain team benchmarks for applicant & patient satisfaction, SLAs & other team metrics.
- Jump in & tackle additional projects as needed, bandwidth permitting
- Facilitating applicant & patient communications while maintaining HIPAA compliance & upholding Virtas standard of verbiage.
- 30-40 hours of weekday availability during standard business hours, Monday through Friday
- Strong & effective communication skills, with the ability to listen to understand an issue & problem solve
- Knowledge of technology tools & ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- High attention to detail in order to effectively solve tickets the first time around
- Ability to think critically & be data-driven in solving patient problems
- Operational experience- especially in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
Nice to Haves
- Healthcare or Health-tech experience
- Medical Claims Billing or Revenue Cycle experience
- 2-4 hours of weekend availability (once training is completed)
- Bilingual or multilingual, with a focus on spanish speaking
- Prior experience using technology tools including GSuite, ZenDesk, SalesForce, & JIRA
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first & take care of yourself, your peers, & our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership & take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego & understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency & promote trust & empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based & prioritize data & science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks & rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security & privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security & privacy training will be provided.