Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers & researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
We are seeking a promising designer for our summer intern program to work alongside full-time product designers on our Commerce team. At Squarespace, you will work with the product team on our native & web applications. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, & flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. This internship reports to a senior designer in our NYC headquarters.
- Collaborate on project briefs & scoping
- Create rational, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes & early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Present ideas & work clearly to the product team & larger group
- Deliver polished comps, flows & assets to team members
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Recent graduate (2020 or later) or enrolled student (Spring 2021 anticipated graduation) in a design program
- Required previous internship and/or work experience
- An understanding of visual & user experience design
- Love of iterative development
- Experience using Figma
- An understanding of web & mobile applications
- An ambition to learn & build something great
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.