VICE is looking for a Senior Video Publishing Strategist to focus on publishing strategy across some of biggest properties across platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & Snapchat.
This position will use data to inform decisions & will collaborate closely with content creators to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all of VICEs social accounts.
You must be able to navigate a dynamic & rapidly evolving environment with efficiency & maturity. Were looking for a boss who is enthusiastic about social media & all things VICE someone who is a data-obsessed & mindful with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Build programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms.
- Be a creative expert on how audience behaviors change from platform-to-platfom: lead adaptation & extension of creative concepts across Facebook, Instagram & YouTube. Drive platform-specificity into the creative process.
- Help define a language around video optimization, & operationalize that reporting towards regular collaboration with video leadership & producers.
- Schedule & publish videos & links to some of the biggest brands on any social platform. Monitor discussions, posts, & comments across multiple YouTube channels, Facebook pages & other social media channels
- Have the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance & present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e., work smarter not harder).
- Partner with Tech, Product & Data teams to improve workflow.
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos & links in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach & impact
- Create & implement a strategy for promoting VICEs commercial & editorial video content across all VICE Facebook pages (U.S. & International) & YouTube Channels.
- Lead brainstorms & work cross-departmentally to create strategic & optimized video content
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the on-time delivery of 40+ pieces of short-form content & weekly long-form documentary & shows
- Execute experiments across social platforms & build a dynamic test & learn feedback loop between the biggest audiences & world-class creatives at VICE.
- 4-5+ years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Understanding of the digital landscape & a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms & applications
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with content & strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystems
- Extensive experience using platforms such as Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & Reddit
- Deep understanding of how titling & thumbnails can affect a videos performance
- Flexibility with prioritization & goals as roles & responsibilities may shift according to the needs of the business.
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. Wed also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted across VICEs YouTube channels (published within the last year) that you think did really well on social media, & explain why.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.