Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending & saving, alongside its core investing & retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money for today, tomorrow, & someday through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; & tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.
About the Role:
Betterments Recruiting team is responsible for sourcing & hiring great talent. We run inclusive & equitable recruiting practices, partner with hiring managers to provide guidance & counsel throughout the hiring process, & build strategies to ensure positive candidate experiences. You will work directly with our Engineering Leadership to have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high profile technology organization that is changing financial services.
Were looking for someone that loves to think outside the box about new ways to attract & recruit top talent. You thrive in ambiguous environments, & you understand how to balance hiring pace with excellent hiring decisions. You find it rewarding to be able to inspire change & process improvements using data to build your case. You are a skilled & efficient sourcer & recruiter, but also someone who will bring passion & creativity to everything you touch.
We are hiring in all states except CO.
A Day in the Life:
- You will own the engineering recruiting process -- everything from ideating our hiring strategies with technical partners to sourcing candidates & scheduling interviews
- You will act as the engineering hiring expert across 3 lines of business & many departments -- this means you will partner closely with leadership teams to ensure recruiting strategy, prioritization, & headcount alignment match our business needs
- Put the candidate first in every interaction; provide an extraordinary experience throughout our hiring process
- As a brand ambassador, you will help candidates imagine the future of money managements & inspire them to want to help create that future
- Manage a hiring process that is flexible to quickly respond to the ever-changing priorities, while adapting & applying innovative approaches to acquiring talent
- Function as subject matter expert on recruiting activities & maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues, trends, & employment law
- Build out reports & dashboards to measure recruiting performance; track recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement & forecast future talent needs
What Were Looking For:
- Experience building & operating a technical recruiting program, partnering with leaders to create a vision & executing against it, iterating along the way
- Experience implementing DEIB hiring initiatives & an understanding of how to run an equitable hiring processes
- Experience influencing across all functions & levels within an organization
- Creative problem solving: the ability to identify real obstacles & and propose viable solutions
- The ability to build meaningful relationships quickly with candidates, hiring managers, interviewers, etc.
- The ability to switch gears quickly & effectively, with communication skills to ensure proper stakeholder engagement along the way
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.