At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
Account Executives (AE), Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solution Engineers (SE), & Customer Success (CS) - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What youll do
The Key Accounts Expansion Manager will be responsible for deploying high growth sales strategy programs geared towards key accounts in the top metro areas of the US (NYC / LA / Chicago / Dallas/Austin, SF, DC). The Expansion Manager will collaborate with Enterprise Field Sales, Solutions Engineering & Customer Success to leverage analysis on key accounts to identify new use cases & drive greater user adoption of Cloudflare core & new products. This roles focus will be to increase named account revenues by deploying consistent best practices across territories & segments to ensure repeat expansion business via successful customer engagement (working closely with DMs & influencers within network & security operations, development & technical infrastructure teams). Reporting to the Head of Expansion Americas, this critical position will be an active partner with the various account teams & senior internal stakeholders, in order to enable greater strategic selling into Cloudflares high value customer base, resulting in improved customer loyalty & increased revenue/wallet share.
- Partner with Field AEs, CSMs, & SEs to develop a comprehensive view of account needs & scope of opportunity for expansion & cross-sale of customer business units.
- Equip remote account teams with processes to deliver customers with transformative solutions that help them achieve successful business outcomes.
- Partner with Sales Enablement & PMM to deliver content to scale out training programs. Deploy playbooks & tactical plans to guide account teams on leading discovery sessions with high value customers, identifying & qualifying pain points & business objectives, while proposing strategic commercial recommendations.
- Cross-train & enable account teams on leveraging relationships in order to negotiate & close large strategic projects for their business, & achieve quota targets.
- Partner with CS & Product on early warning programs to proactively identify risk in high value customers, lead internal delivery sessions on solution-oriented account management techniques that would result in upsell, cross-sell, & renewal.
- Report & track progress of high value customer requests for roadmap consideration, prioritize & funnel to Product Team.
- Run monthly knowledge transfer discussions between Product & remote enterprise teams on insights collected from the Field. Evaluate field segment trends & competitor activity & relay findings w/ senior leaders & stakeholders.
- Work with Marketing to deploy campaigns geared toward Cloudflares high value customer base, & improve top of funnel marketing awareness.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge & qualifications
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- 5-7 years experience in negotiations, account management, & project management skills.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.