The Life House Group was created to help travelers get more out of their trips by connecting our guests with each other & the local community.
Traveling completes us. It creates friendships & memories. It fills voids. Its fun! It offers perspectives. It teaches us. About the world. About culture. It breeds creativity & helps us discover new meaning in our lives & can give new meaning to others. Travel lets us live a full life. We create hotels, experiences, & communities to foster this spirit.
The Life House Group based out of Manhattan, New York is a globally-distributed team & backed by over $100mm in venture & real estate funding.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Hotel Accounting Analyst will be actively involved in the day-to-day accounting & finance operations of our hotel properties & corporate financials.
- Property Accounting Preparation: Participate in the monthly financial statement close process for hotel properties by taking ownership of tasks including preparation of journal entries, billing/invoicing, reconciliations & financial reporting.
- Property Financial Analysis: Compile & analyze monthly financial statements for hotel properties. Conduct variance analyses & prepare analysis commentary.
- Corporate Financial Reporting: Assist with the preparation of corporate financial reporting. Duties include preparation of journal entries with excellent supporting schedules, fee calculations, & tracking performance vs. budget.
- Cross-Functional Teamwork: Collaborate with internal teams to ensure financial operations & systems seamlessly integrate. Identify process improvement opportunities & strategize solutions.
- Strategy: Provide ad hoc analysis/strategy support.
- 2+ years of finance & accounting experience.
- Actively pursuing the an Accounting designation (CA, CPA).
- University degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Detail oriented, with excellent communication, writing & analytical skills.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Superior organizational skills & the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with ERP systems (i.e. Quickbooks, Netsuite, Xero) is a plus.