We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures & Y Combinator.
With offices & infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with passionate & resourceful team members.
Were looking for a seasoned external communications professional to join our growing team. Your remit: building the Flexport brand through media relations, industry thought leadership, & customer storytelling. Working closely with partners in (product) marketing, corporate communications & creative, you will help evolve & expand Flexports story in Europe.
What youll do:
- Build comprehensive external comms strategies that help Flexport punch above its weight in media relations. Based on your understanding of the perspectives, data & insights that trade & business media are hungry for, you will design, execute & measure a PR program that keeps Flexport front of mind.
- Create or leverage existing relationships with relevant media, trade associations, & industry stakeholders to raise the public awareness for Flexport & support the companys ambitious growth goals in Europe.
- Be (or become!) one of the leading voices in Comms & Marketing in the conversation on logistics & global trade; use that perspective to inform initiatives such as webinars & events.
- Position Flexport executives as industry subject matter experts & voices worth listening to. Youll identify, train & pitch the next generation of Flexport EU spokespeople, partnering with your global communications team.
- Partner with our Flexport customer teams to identify, nurture & maximize referenceable customers; partner with the Global Brand team to develop multimedia assets that get the most out of each customer willing to share their story with external audiences.
- Develop messaging, review press materials, write long & short form content, & other documents, including executive briefing books & FAQs.
- Provide guidance & input to get the most out of our EU PR agency.
What youll need:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in B2B communications, product media relations and/or PR
- Media relationships in technology (and if youre a real unicorn, in logistics) that you can tap on behalf of Flexport from day one
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills in English & German
- Experience in establishing efficient collaboration with internal & external stakeholders across all levels of the organisation & all parts of the world
- Startup experience & the ability to pivot is a plus -- things move fast at Flexport, really fast!
- Proven ability to build structure & manage large projects & drive strategies through to results. Data & metrics are a motivator
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. Youll be working in a small team thats establishing Communications as a discipline at Flexport Europe; no task can be too big or too small
- A passion for changing the world through global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Dont worry, you wont need to become the worlds expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). Well look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, & how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
Its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.