Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Corporate Analysis team is looking for a highly analytical Director with a proven track record delivering business & financial insights to focus on Visa's cross-border business. Our team directly supports Visa's President, CFO, CEO & other senior leaders throughout the company with analytical insights for key business initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity & calls for an ambitious & hard-working professional who will solely focus on cross-border transactions, which are a key component of Visa's overall business. The ideal candidate will have strong technical & analytical skills & be a self-motivated, highly collaborative team player. This position will be based in Visa's San Francisco office.
- Analyze the trends emerging within our cross-border business by country, merchant category, product type, etc. & evaluate the factors driving their evolution
- Distinguish one-off & sustainable effects to support cross-border forecasting
- Help identify business levers to support cross-border transaction growth
- Answer ad-hoc requests from business lines & the executive team on cross-border dynamics
- Establish & share best practices among cross-border analyses at the regional level
- Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with partners across Finance & Strategy
- Utilize business understanding to perform complex financial & statistical analysis that lead to business insights
- Attract, lead, motivate, develop & retain an analyst conducting cross-border analysis
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8-12 years of relevant financial analysis work experience;with 4-6 years in corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Expert skills in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong business acumen & commercial intuition required. Understanding of Visa's business is preferred but not necessary
- Outstanding analytical & quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Experience designing financials dashboards to focus managerial attention
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships & communicate effectively cross-functionally & with all levels of management
- Proven expertise in modeling techniques & managing large data sets
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy & quality of output
- Strong bias for action & ability to proactively identify & resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team & produce time sensitive deliverables
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, & acute professional curiosity; able to solve problems with balance of independence & well-solicited input
- Strong leadership skills generating support & momentum among functional peers
- Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.