Genius is searching for a Media Planning Strategist to support our Sales & Account Management teams across the full advertising sales cycle.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, & Ariana Grandecome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Support Sales & Account Management with day-to-day ad specs submissions, order management, inventory requests, RFI requests, RFP requests & general inquiries from Direct & Programmatic Sales/clients
- Prepare for & attend internal proposal brainstorms with Sales, Marketing, Account Management, & other internal teams to develop media recommendations
- Build strategic media plans & fill out spec sheets in both Genius & client templates with a strong focus on execution feasibility & client KPIs
- Pull inventory using our inventory management system to accurately forecast availability, in order to determine the impression volumes & product mix for client proposals, consulting with Ad Operations when necessary
- Create comprehensive Spec decks to accompany media plans
- Revise media plans based on client feedback & budget adjustments
- Work closely with Sales & Client Services counterparts, providing regular feedback & communication on clients/campaigns/RFPs & surfacing relevant incremental/upsell opportunities
- Review all IO details to ensure consistency from initial media plan submission & execution feasibility
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation, optimization & IO revisions
- Assist internal teams with reviewing & adjusting the Post Sales process on an as needed basis
- Support VP of Client Services with various administrative tasks that relate to revenue-generating initiatives
- 1+ year of experience in the digital media landscape, preferably at a media publisher
- Experience uploading media plans in Mediaocean Prisma for Sellers
- Advertising Operations experience with Third-Party Ad Serving platforms/Rich Media providers (OAS, DFP/DFA/DART, Atlas, PointRoll, Eyeblaster, Eyewonder, Sizmek, IAS, Double-Verify, MOAT)
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under tight deadlines & pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote skills
- Versed in digital & social media programs/extensions
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours, when necessary