Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
About the Team...
The Technical Program Management teams mission is to act as a force multiplier. We embody the organizations agile ethos & are the champion of software delivery & operational best practices. We believe that a high trust & autonomous team is core to delivering high-quality products. This position plays a critical role in delivering our key initiative across our software & services organization.
About The Role
As a mid-senior level Technical Program Manager at Boxed, you will be responsible for overseeing & driving the cross-functional programs within the technology roadmap. You will act as a liaison between various teams, removing roadblocks, navigating setbacks, & facilitating discussions to ensure all deliverables are met on time.
This position is full-time & based in New York, reporting to our Director of Program Management.
Responsibilities & Focus:
- Manage all project & program-related activities for execution & final delivery of all technology projects
- Develop & manage schedules, statuses, resources, deliverables, risks/issues, timelines, & delivery for multiple concurrent projects
- Manage resources comprised of geographically dispersed business teams, off-shore development teams, & third-party vendors
- Ensure deadlines are met & ensure leadership, senior team members, & key stakeholders are informed on project progress, status, risks/issues, & concerns
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, QA, & Product Design for key deliverables, issues, & escalations, & coordinate any required release approvals prior to launch
- Execute & manage complex projects in an Agile/Scrum environment, mitigating risks proactively & driving project issue resolution to assure schedule & quality commitments
- Share Agile/Scrum methodology best practices, defining & evolving tactics necessary to accomplish project objectives
- At least 3-5 years of direct technical project management, product management, or software engineering experience with proven successful & timely delivery of projects
- Extensive experience managing complex & simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams & systems, including frontend, internal tools, & third-party applications
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams & third-party vendors
- Exceptional understanding of Project Management & delivery principles, methods & techniques, along with proficiency in both Agile & waterfall development methodologies
- Strong negotiation, diplomacy, & conflict resolution skills with the ability to get results through formal channels & informal networking
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate project barriers & adjust approaches based on research & experience
- Proficiency with standard project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, Basecamp, etc.
- Degree in computer science, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
- CSM, PMP or equivalent certifications are a plus.