IEX is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Chief Legal Officer & will act as a key resource & primary point of contact for our business teams. You should have experience handling corporate, securities, intellectual property, contract negotiation & employment law matters. Preferably, you should be familiar with electronic trading & marketplaces.
The right candidate will have a deep understanding of data protection & market data licensing, & an ability to provide strategic legal advice for all aspects related to the collection, usage & licensing of content & market data from many sources. Ability to guide the business & provide practical advice in a faced-pace environment. We are looking for a counsel who is collaborative, self-motivated, curious, & a clear communicator of legal advice. The successful candidate would be responsible for executing on a variety of projects, which include reviewing & negotiating complex commercial licensing & strategic contractual arrangements regarding data & software licenses, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, data vendor contracts & advising on intellectual property issues. Working closely with the business to determine efficient & consistent contracting processes as well as providing legal support to the development of financial technology products.
What Youll Do:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team delivering strategic legal advice to the exchange on market data policies, licensing agreements, exchange/vendor landscape & data licensing technologies.
- Build & maintain scalable & effective processes for providing legal input to the business to develop procedures related to market data licensing, data mapping, privacy, information security & data governance.
- Stay up to date on relevant U.S. & international laws & regulations related to cybersecurity, privacy, data governance, & other applicable areas.
- Review, draft, & negotiate a wide range of agreements, including data licenses, software & intellectual property licenses, & other commercial licensing & complex commercial agreements.
- 5+ years of legal experience with expertise in one or more of: data governance (including data licensing, data mapping & data sourcing agreements), licensing of market data & vendor management.
- In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms with expertise in advising on licensing, intellectual property, data protection & privacy law, & project management.
- Exceptional communication & project management skills, including a strong desire & ability to convert complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Ability & strong desire to effectively advise, develop relationships, & work collaboratively across stakeholders both within & outside of legal.
- Solution-oriented, risk awareness, business service focused, & maintains a growth mindset.
- Bar admission & in good standing to practice law in New York.