Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support Mailchimp products. You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs & complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down & writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, ops, & other teams to keep applications healthy & users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you're aware that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down & fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous Integration environment, & you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours & some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. Were willing to help you with relocation if youre not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new & enhancing existing features as well as investigating & resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes & design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, & prioritize work
- You are passionate about building great web applications & thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with or interest in building REST APIs & web services
- Youre interested in mobile applications & supporting great mobile user experiences, & working alongside iOS/Android engineers
What you'll do:
- Write & maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application
- Share expertise with development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research & propose new approaches to work, new tools, & new best practices for the team
- Work with design & engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.