Assistant Vice President - Customer Success Operations
Appian seeks an AVP of Operations to join our Customer Success leadership team. This role will have operational responsibility for the full breadth of our Customer Success business including revenue & cost forecasting, people operations, systems & analytics. This high impact, high visibility role reports to Appians Chief Customer Officer.
Responsibilities & Ownership
- Ensure Appians Customer Success team has the tools, processes & communication channels necessary to optimize operations
- Own all aspects of Customer Success operations including managing P/L through thorough & accurate analysis of bookings, revenue & utilization
- Manager, coach & mentor a global team of Customer Success Operations professionals
- Operate as a servant leader, actively seeking insights at all levels of the organization (Finance, Sales, Customer Success VPs, & Consultants) to identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Accelerate & improvement organization-wide change in close collaboration with the Chief Customer Officer
- Serve as an operational expert & advisor to the Chief Customer Officer, C-suite and, as appropriate, Appians Board of Directors
- Collaborate with HR & Recruiting groups to understand external talent markets, related labor costs, & internal compensation models
- Own the process of onboarding & managing external Appian business partners conducting Customer Success activities on Appians behalf
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years professional experience in business modeling, financial planning & analysis (FP&A) at a global scale
- 5+ years experience in an operational leadership role within a management consulting, technical delivery, or customer success organizations
- Experience as a people manager, building & managing teams of successful operational professionals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with & influence C-level executives through verbal presentations & accurate, compelling data analysis
- Proven ability to manage successful P&L for scaled consulting or customer success organizations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to disciplined, consistent operational tools, process & execution
- Experience with public companies, Federal contracting, and/or SaaS/PaaS/IaaS product companies are preferred
- Expected technical proficiencies include but are not limited to Agile/Scrum project management practices, mastery of business intelligence tools like Tableau, & expert Excel / Google Sheets abilities
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. The applications created on Appians platform help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value & in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves & their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.