The People Product Group Manager is end-to-end accountable for all product deliverables in her/his respective product area & to provide input to the overall HR product roadmap. The People Product Manager works with the Functional owners who are usually positioned in the Centers of Expertise (e.g. C&B, Talent, L&T) or in People Operations (e.g. Payroll, Absence Management, Life cycle Management) to ensure that People systems & technologies are leveraged to deliver effective & (cost) efficient processes. The Product Managers are accountable for the full life cycle of their products: inspiration, requirements gathering, vendor selection, solution design & configuration, deployment, sustain, adoption & solution retirement & thus the Total Costs of Ownership (TCO for their respective solutions.With regards to the execution, the Product Manager works closely with the People Systems & technology & IT Services teams who will be responsible for many of the deliverables specifically integration in overall Booking ERP, Vendor management, Config & development & Run/Sustain strategy.
- Consolidation of Functional systems roadmaps: works closely with the Architect to ensure the product roadmaps are consolidated & integrated into the overall systems landscape & that the functional plans are aligned with technical roadmaps, systems upgrades etc.
- Discovery & ideation: Ensure the Product managers have the methodology & skills to scan the latest technology trends in the respective product area & share these with the functional owners.
- Priority setting: supports the Product Managers to understand (sub) functional strategy, processes & ways of working & helps them align with functional owner on priorities andplans.
- Business Case: Ensure Product Managers have the methodology & skills to support the functional owners on business case specifically on the product deliverables.
- Solution Design: supports the Product Managers to translate functional/business requirements into a technology ideally leveraging the out of the box processes & functionalities of our preferred technology vendors (buy, configure, built). Basic principles: standardization & simplicity putting the user at the center of the process & technology design.
- Solution Configure: works closely with the Application Manager to provide the People Applications & configurations team with input on configuration & support with relevant testing activities.
- Deployment & delivery: supports the Product Managers with defining the deployment plans that are based on the deployment priorities & plans set by the functional owner, & ensure effective collaboration with the regional People Systems & Tech teams on deploying technology solutions.
- Sustain: work with the People Applications Manager & team on solution RUN & maintenance as per IT Services technology operating model. Supports the Product Managers with potential escalations towards functional owners, IT services & technology providers.
- Architecture: work with the People Systems solution & overall ERP architects to ensure solutions are flawlessly integrated into People Systems & technology landscape & roadmaps & overall Booking.com ERP architecture & roadmaps/plans.
- Release strategy: works closely with the People Applications Manager to ensure releases are reviewed, prioritised & tested in collaboration with functional owner, IT Services (configurations) & strategic vendors & support change management & communication activities where necessary.
- Security & compliance: ensures the Product Managers conduct regular Cloud security & compliance assessments as per IT security processes & practices to ensure solutions data protection.
- Value management (adoption & continuous improvement): ensures the Product Managers work with functional owners & regional People Systems teams to ensure maximum value delivery through solution adoption & continuous improvement activities. Leverager OPEX methodology & metrics where possible.
- Solution retirement: assess when the solution life cycle has come to an end & the solution needs to be decommissioned & replaced by one that is meeting our future needs. Work closely with the IT Services teams
- Influence & co-innovation: work with strategic vendors (e.g. Workday, SAP, Greenhouse) to ensure their roadmaps are reflecting our Booking.com technology needs for the future. Attend user groups, vendor conference & participate in co-innovation activities where necessary
- The Product Group Manager needs to have a broad HR functional knowledge understanding latest trends within HR & specifically how technology is impacting these. that they own.
- Proven track record in taking ownership & successfully delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of basic system engineering, information & risk guidelines & system architecture standards
- Solid understanding of the HR Sub functional areas: strategy, processes, best practices.
- Good working knowledge of WorkDay & other HR Cloud Solutions
- Understanding of todays IT methodologies agile, waterfall, design thinking, process mapping, project management,
- Good understanding of IT landscape in functional area
- Working knowledge on APIs, Architecture, SaaS, Paas & DaaS.
- Curious, self driving, inspirational, business driven & costs conscious
- Senior People Management skills