Were looking for a Social Media Manager to join the Publishing & Insights team at NowThis within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Publishing & Insights team, youll drive audience growth & engagement across multiple social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, & Instagram) by scheduling content, writing copy, & monitoring content & channel performance. You will report to the Director of Social Media.
The Social Media Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values: Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close, & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Manage all aspects of social distribution, including scheduling content, community management, & optimizing posts for engagement & search
- Maintain NowThis editorial voice in headlines & copywriting across multiple verticals & platforms
- Monitor performance analytics & social media trends
- Work with with Director of Social Media to schedule & promote editorial-sponsored content across all platforms
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Effectively building trust & strong relationships with Editorial, including producers & team leads
- Working closely with Director of Social Media to ensure copywriting meets NowThis editorial standard
- Being available to help in the case of breaking news & tentpole event coverage
- 2+ years experience running a social media account for a newsroom, agency, or brand
- Strong grammar & communication skills
- Strong familiarity with social publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Flexibility were a newsroom, & breaking news doesnt always happen during traditional business hours
NICE TO HAVES:
- Foreign language skills (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.