We are looking for a brand / visual designer to support marketing & client needs!
Its an exciting time as Smart is focusing on projecting our brands story out to the world. Were looking for a talented, full-time visual designer to help us with this effort, & guide our brands evolution. You should have top notch multimedia skills & a passion for creating authentic, emotionally driven communication & content.
Our work is focused around understanding people & their needs in todays world, along with the business impact we can make through design. Rooted in strategic brand understanding, you naturally possess the innate ability to bring the Smart Design brand experience to life, regardless of the medium. You will help ensure that our voice is translated across our website, social media presence, & marketing materials. Youre also comfortable stretching across mediums to support client needs & project teams, which could be a few days of sketching or two-weeks of preparing research stimuli. The candidate should expect a lot of collaboration, a fun & friendly atmosphere, & both solo work & project work within a dynamic team structure.
- Design & maintain Smart branded content & communications, across multimedia channels to be used both internally & externally (e.g. illustrations, short videos, animations, or photography across our website, social channels, & events).
- Help evolve & shape the Smart Design Brand by supporting our storytelling approach as we face new channels or new content types.
- Work with Marketing & BD teams to bring our award-winning client work to life.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary design teams to capture & document their creative process & client project work.
- Continually prioritize & manage critical timelines around content publication for website releases, newsletters, marketing salons, etc.
- Provide client & project team design support whether print assets, packaging, or research stimuli creation across categories in consumer, technology, healthcare, finance or nonprofit.
- As brand steward, you may work with external partners to support storytelling needs from videographers, video editors, animators, illustrators, presentation designers, etc.
Naturally you have
- 2+ years of experience in bringing brands to life across multimedia touch points, both digital & physical (packaging a plus)
- A passion for the craft of digital storytelling across video, photography, & illustration
- A strong foundation in Graphic Design
- Attention to detail when it comes to creating a brand system
- Knowledge of the design process, & an appetite for bringing conceptual work & abstract ideas to life
- Collaborative approach to working with a diverse group of partners (designers, writers, marketing, clients, etc.)
- Mastery of design tools in Adobes Creative Suite
- Experience with Final Cut Pro 7 or X (or similar) is a huge plus
- HTML 5 or similar coding experience would be an advantage
- Production experience for print design
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture & are proud to be an equal opportunity employer