As Network Engineer, you will join a growing team to design, implement, maintain, & support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of an ET Systems Team that is responsible for designing & developing scalable, maintainable, highly available systems that meet business objectives & SLAs. Your primary responsibilities will focus on supporting the network & security infrastructure of Compass US based offices.
At Compass You Will
- Configure & install various network devices & services (e.g. firewalls, routers, switches, WLAN, etc.)
- Support the wired & wireless network infrastructure of 300+ US & international offices for 20000+ end users
- Perform network maintenance & system upgrades while minimizing downtime & increasing performance
- Provide level 2-4 support & troubleshooting to resolve end user issues
- Select & implement security tools, policies, & procedures in adherence to Compass security protocols
- Help improve overall IT systems, build processes, & efficiency
- Support the office's VOIP telephone system
- Liaise with vendors & other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Manage network & security related service providers
What We're Looking For
- 5+ Years of Experience in IT with at least 2 years as a network engineer/admin
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, SSL, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, VLANs, 802.11 suite, QoS, VOIP, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, & network analytic tools
- Hands-on experience with security standards, firewall configuration, deployment, & monitoring
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco, Cisco Meraki & Aruba/HP networking preferred
- Demonstrable skills & expert proficiency with Mac OS & iOS
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills- helpful & calm under pressure
- Proactive attitude, loves to work in a fast paced environment where the toolset is continuously evolving
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!