Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a seniorrole which will suit a for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills & expertise in Java/J2EE technologies. The candidate will be taking lead role to deliver the assigned project, while being extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development & testing. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, & should be capable to work across the layers & technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Marketing Services & will be based in Foster City, CA.
- Lead the design, development & implementation of various initiatives & take the complete ownership to deliver the requisite functionalities. Lead end to end delivery of assigned project while working with all the stakeholders across the teams.
- Help the customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements & architect a solution that is robust & scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- Lead meeting & discussions with cross-functional & non-technical teams.
- Design, develop & maintain mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability & performance.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products.
- Promote software best practices & processes, while developing quality code implementation in team, participate in code reviews & mentor junior developers also to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget, & with good code quality using all proactive code validation techniques.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code with automated validation/test cases & be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate & participate in Continuous Integration activities, developing automation frameworks for testing & deployments, & other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, & features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of software design, architecture & development experience.
- Product development experience is Must.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms & software design, optimized for building highly distributed & parallelized systems
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in building large scale applications using open source & J2EE technologies.
- Strong & hands-on in Core Java & J2EE development concepts & design patterns.
- Capability to work in UI stack using advance Java Script frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Design & coding skills with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent is a plus
- Keen for writing quality & self-validating code using unit tests, or following TDD.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques & practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation & Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Git & Docker.
- Good verbal, & written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs & technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Hands on experience in Scala is a plus.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus
- Experience with leading development teams, & working with global teams a strong plus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements -
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.