Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are hiring a Junior Data Engineer to help develop automated & data-centric workstreams, from within the Operations Analytics team.
We are growing our Data Engineering abilities throughout our Supply Chain in order to take our data modeling & automation to the next level by leveraging big data tools & platforms (e.g. Airflow, Spark, Databricks etc.). Within the Operations Analytics team, you will work closely with fellow data engineers, data scientists, & analysts to build & maintain data products that improve the HelloFresh customer offering & enhance efficiency of our Operations.
Our vision is to develop & maintain a best-in-class automated data platform that delivers the perfect product, at the right time, to the doorstep of all our customers. We are looking for someone who connects stakeholders to data through key projects, while simultaneously focusing on mentorship & developing internal talent.
You will ...
- Data modeling: design, extend & update the HelloFreshs data model (create new schemas, fact tables, (mat) views, etc.)
- Data infrastructure: Develop, deploy, monitor, & maintain ETLs on Airflow & Databricks
- Data Cleaning: keep data clean & accurate with data sources (Internal & 3rd Party)
- Data Transformations: implement the logic of the data pipeline (aggregations, projections, selections, etc )
- Design & implement end-to-end data products & Supply Chain automation flows: from data ingestions for data science modeling to creation of automated pipelines to external software (WMS, TMS, SAP etc.)
- Familiar with data architecture, data governance & machine learning model implementations
- Very organized & a structured problem solver with an articulated thought process
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions & industry best practices, offering support & mentorship to colleagues
- Comfortable in fast-paced & dynamic environments & working autonomously
- Intellectually curious & dont mind questioning & challenging the status quo
- A team player who efficiently collaborates with peers & stakeholders
At a minimum, you have...
- BS degree in a STEM discipline
- 1-2 years data engineering experience is required
- Strong Python (functional & OOP) & SQL skills (DDL, DML, CTEs, query optimization, ...), as well as experience with Apache Spark
- Strong Knowledge of data structures (DataFrames, RDDs, Dataclasses) & data formats (CSV, JSON, Parquet, Avro, ORC)
- Experience installing data architectures on Cloud providers (e.g. AWS), using DevOps tools & automating data pipelines.
- The ability to design, implement & deliver maintainable & high-quality code using best practices (e.g. git/github, secrets, configurations, yaml/json)
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable & secured solutions is preferred
- 1+ years experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow or similar
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines & implementing Data Quality checks (e.g. using frameworks AWS Deequ) is preferred.
- Experience with Dash (and/or Shiny) is a plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. #zr